ACCESSIBILITY PLAN – Providing Goods & Services to People with Disabilities
We are committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our building, goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities that would impact customers with disabilities, Schleese Saddlery will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Training for Staff
Schleese Saddlery will provide training to employees who deal with the public.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Schleese Saddlery’s accessible customer service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Schleese Saddlery’s building, goods or services
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback in the way Schleese Saddlery provides goods and services to people with disabilities can call, write or email their feedback to Earl Rothery, CEO who will reply within 7 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to Schleese’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other Policies
Any policy of Schleese Saddlery that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.