Schleese is pleased to offer you the option of putting your saddle on consignment with us. We have many clients looking for previously loved, well-cared for Schleese saddles, so we hope that by establishing a few simple guidelines, we will be able to sell your saddle for you within a short timeframe. Please do take a few minutes to read the items below.
TERMS of AGREEMENT for CONSIGNOR
- Our Consignment Fee is 35% of the final selling price of the saddle.
- We only accept SCHLEESE saddles no older than 10 years of age (the year your SCHLEESE saddle was manufactured is indicated by the last two digits of the serial number under the sweat flap).
- Upon receipt of your Consignment Application Form, we will contact you via email or phone to confirm acceptance to consign your saddle and to confirm authorization for you to send your saddle to Head Office with the issuing of an RMA – Return Merchandise Authorization form via email. All Consignment Application Forms must be filled out completely and all required photos included with the application.
- SCHLEESE reserves the right to refuse any saddle for consignment at our discretion.
- Required photos include one of each of the following: (1) right side view (2) left side view (3) top view of entire seat (4) full bottom view (5-6) underside of each flap showing the billet system and (7) a close up photo of the stamp showing full serial number, model name and seat size – located on the underside of the sweat flap. All photos must be clear and with good lighting.
- The cost of shipping is the responsibility of the owner and any saddle coming in without written authorization (RMA) will automatically be returned to the owner at their expense.
- Each saddle sold on consignment must have a sound tree, safe billets and no leather rips, tears or ripped stitching. The saddle must be well cleaned by you prior to shipping and must be received in good condition.
- Every saddle will be inspected for soundness and safety. If we find an issue that needs fixing, we will notify you and we will either quote and fix the necessary repair(s) with your authorization and at your expense before putting it in our consignment inventory or we will ship it back to you at your expense.
- Saddles may be requested back by the owner at any time. Schleese also reserves the right to ship back any saddles not sold within 3 months of receiving them on consignment at Head Office. All costs incurred to ship the saddle back to the owner will be the responsibility of the owner.
- If a Schleese customer is trying a consignment saddle, they are given a 10-day trial period. After this period, if they choose to keep the consignment saddle, your consignment cheque will begin to be processed through our accounting department and mailed to the address you have provided on your Consignment Application Form. This process should take approx. 45-60 days.
- Once your saddle has been accepted for consignment sale, please ship your saddle via courier to the following address provided on your RMA form. This address and our full shipping instructions will be documented on the RMA form you receive via email from SCHLEESE. This RMA form represents a Commercial Invoice and must accompany any saddle returning to SCHLEESE. Canada Customs will not accept any saddle coming into Canada without an RMA form issued by SCHLEESE. Saddles shipped within Canada or the U.S. must also be accompanied by an official RMA form for tracking purposes.
- SCHLEESE strongly advises that you keep any courier tracking information for your saddle and follow your package to ensure it has been received by SCHLEESE. We will not call you when we receive your saddle. However, a receipt for your saddle, stating the agreed upon selling price, will be mailed to the address you have provided.
- These terms may change at any time without written notice. We suggest that you check these noted terms from time to time and contact us if you have any concerns.
- You must print, date and sign this agreement and include a copy in the box with your saddle. We suggest that you keep a copy for your records.