Saddle Fitting Sessions - Utah-Montana-Idaho-Washington (East)
Utah, Montana, Idaho and Eastern Washington
Apr 08, 2019 - Apr 20, 2019
Saddle Fitting Sessions - Wisconsin-Minnesota-North and South Dakota
Apr 16, 2019 - Apr 30, 2019
Saddle Fitting Sessions - Oregon-Washington (Western)
Oregon - Washington (Western)
Apr 22, 2019 - May 05, 2019
- View All Events
- BOOK A FITTING
ARTICLES by JOCHEN SCHLEESEREAD ARTICLES
See More Videos
Blog - Saddle Stitch: Saddle Stitch News - 04/05/2019
posted April 5th, 2019
posted October 24th, 2018
Schleese in the media: Schleese's Newest Saddle "Let's Dance" by Anne Gribbons
posted February 8th, 2019
First of all it was amazing to be a recipient of a saddle. I can still hardly believe it! Although I’ve only had the saddle for a short time I have noticed some things:
- It’s comfortable, it puts me in an excellent position and it doesn’t weigh a ton. I’m able to easily lift it onto my six-year-old mare who is over 16.1hh.
- My mare, Spring Song, moves beautifully in the saddle and loves it. No histrionics while saddling her. Just a sweet look and a mare ready to go for a ride.
- My riding coach pointed out the saddle’s gullet. It’s wide and comfortable for Spring Song.
- A friend who knows his way around saddles helped me fine-tune the adjustment on Spring Song. This was easy to do because of the webbing adjustment on both sides at the back of the saddle.
- He pointed out that the tree is adjustable, too. Yippee!
- Although Spring Song doesn’t have a long back (or a short one) it’s a relief that my new saddle isn’t too long. Length is most certainly a deal breaker (or maker!).
- In the past thirty years we’ve experienced with each of our horses the arduous search for the right saddle at various stages of each horse’s training and life. This translated to five saddles in 20 years for one Thoroughbred and three saddles in nine years for each of our two Lusitanos. With the adjustable capabilities of the Schleese saddle I’m looking forward to a lifetime of comfort for Spring Song. No saddle hunting for her!