At Schleese Saddlery Service Ltd., we:
- Specialize in saddles made for women
- Provide solutions for optimal fit, performance and back protection for both horse and rider
- Create handcrafted saddles that are customized to each horse and rider’s measurements
- Use our infinitely adjustable AdapTree® to accommodate your horse’s growth and ongoing development, or re-fit to a new horse
- Have helped more than 150,000 horses and riders worldwide over the last 30 years.
Virtual Tour – Schleese Head Office
Schleese helps horses and riders worldwide with the design, manufacture, and distribution of innovative, infinitely adjustable, gender-specific saddles with an emphasis on saddles for women. All products and services (including equine accessories and saddle fitting) ensure optimal well-being and comfort for both horse and rider and help to protect both from long-term back damage.
1978: Jochen Schleese trained with Passier & Son in Germany and started his career.
1985: Jochen was certified as the youngest Master Saddler ever in Europe in 1985
1986: Jochen was asked to be the Official Saddler for the World Dressage Championships in Canada.
1986: Jochen founded Schleese Saddlery Service Ltd.
1990: Schleese registered the trade of saddlery and becomes the only authorized facility in Ontario
1990: Together with the Ontario Ministry of Skills Development (now Labor Training and Adjustment Board), Schleese developed a 3-year apprenticeship program to make saddlery a registered and certifiable trade.
1996: Jochen Schleese received an international patent in 1996 for the AdapTree® saddle tree design which allows the saddle to be adjusted to fit as the horse changes its conformation through training and aging.
Read more about the founder of Schleese Saddlery Service Ltd., Jochen Schleese.