Innovation for You and Your Horse
Inspired by the feedback of riders and equine professionals, we are committed to ongoing research and innovation to create the most technologically advanced saddles on the market. We specialize in helping riders ride comfortably and effectively in gender-specific saddles designed to promote back health for horse and rider. Every saddle ordered is custom made according to extensive horse and rider measurements, analyses and recommendations using the 80-Point Saddle Fit Evaluation.
Features of the AdapTree®
Caring from the inside out, the Schleese AdapTree® is the first tree which adapts to the horse’s bio-mechanical movements. Through the calculation and implication of the rider’s weight, the AdapTree® is fitted and infinitely adjustable at any time by one of our authorized Certified Saddle Fit Technicians or Saddle Ergonomists.
- The Flexible Tree of Polyurethane (patent-4X6-300DPI) provides complete freedom of motion and comfort, flexing with your horse’s lateral movement to improve connection and communication.
- The Infinitely Adjustable Gullet Plate allows us to make necessary adjustments using the SaddleSizer™Tree Machine to accommodate changes in the saddle support area as your horse grows and develops. The seat size is available in half sizes from 15” to 18.5”.
- The Rear-facing, Shock Absorbing Tree Points allow shoulders to rotate freely upwards/ backwards preventing potential chipping of scapular cartilage.
- Panel Design for maximum weight bearing surface and pressure dispersal over the saddle support area to provide ultimate support, comfort and freedom. Half, three-quarter or full panels meet the needs of every horse (on various models).
- Shoulder Relief (in the vertical panels) are innovative cut back areas behind the scapula to free up shoulders, providing a full range of motion and freedom in the sensitive trapezius area/intersection of nerve endings. ¾ or ½ independent shoulder relief available on all models. Note: pressure on the shoulder or trapezius muscle acts like a handbrake, causing the horse to reflexively hollow its back and resist the aids.
- Gullet Channel is extra wide to protect the spinal processes and dorsal ligament system. A slight widening towards the cantle allows ultimate flexibility of the vertebrae for easier lateral work. This will also prevent damage to spinal processes and vertebrae.
- Seat Comfort is obtained through our Patented Crotch Comfort™, a padded cut-out air pocket in the crotch area designed for riders who have problems with saddles that have too much pressure in the front. This allows female riders to sit straight on their seat bones and relieves pressure on the front pelvic area (a benefit for women and men). It also includes a customized seat foam and seat mattress to provide various balance points for the seat. Both the twist (width of tree at the upper inner thigh) and waist (seaming in the pelvic area) accommodate individual rider preference. Seat curve and foaming options provide added comfort and stability and preferred balance points for your position.
Every saddle is custom made according to individual horse and rider measurements. Schleese helps your horse achieve maximum comfort and freedom of movement, while not restricting natural biomechanics.
Book your 80-Point Saddle Fit Evaluation today and realize the difference our AdapTree® makes.