Schleese Saddlery Ltd.*
*hereafter referred to as SCHLEESE
Schleese Saddlery Ltd.*
*hereafter referred to as SCHLEESE
There are three Customer Service Guarantees. Please initial the one that is applicable. SCHLEESE takes responsibility only for the correctness of adjustments made in accordance with our professional recommendations.
Please be aware that the fit of your new/repaired saddle may allow your horse such freedom of movement that a dramatic change in conformation may occur in a very short period, thus necessitating further adjustments. In order for us to provide you the best possible service, please contact your representative if you notice changes in your horse’s conformation or in the fit of the saddle.
We commit to working with you and your horse to find a viable solution for saddle fit. Please notify us of any issues within 10 days of receipt of your saddle. We will address your concerns by:
- Making any necessary adjustments either on-site at a fitting clinic or long distance using our Fit Kit or
- Working together with you to find an alternative saddle solution.
If we cannot satisfy your expectations once #1 and #2 have been addressed, we will take back your saddle and refund you your purchase price minus a $250.00 restocking fee. If the saddle shows signs of excessive wear and tear, you may be charged a nominal amount for depreciation. After 10 days of receipt of the saddle, the sale is deemed final.
SCHLEESE will refund the amount on your computer-generated SCHELEESE deposit receipt minus a $100.00 administrative fee if an order is cancelled within 10 business days of signing the evaluation/order form. After 10 business days the full deposit will be forfeited upon cancellation. Evaluation fees are non-refundable.
In order to avoid excess charges for duty or brokerage fees, we require that all items being returned to SCHLEESE in Canada (including repairs, warranty work, fit issues, exchanges or returns) must bear a RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION NUMBER AND FORM (RMA). Please contact head office for correct procedures and form.
Repairs, returns (as per Customer Satisfaction Guarantee) or Pre-Approved Warranty work (as per Limited Warranty): All shipping costs to and from SCHLEESE for repairs, returns or pre-approved warranty will be covered by the customer. The customer will ship the saddle to SCHLEESE (via a convenient method of their choice) and ground return shipping will be billed by SCHLEESE based on the customer’s location. SCHLEESE ships using FedEx via a weekly consolidated shipment through Buffalo. Please note, an authorized RMA is always required for any item being sent or retuned to SCHLEESE, as noted above.
Pre-Approved Fit Warranty: All ground shipping costs for a pre-approved fit warranty (as per our “Customer Satisfaction Guarantee and Your Acknowledgement” section I) will be covered by SCHLEESE (if a SCHELEESE Saddle Fit Technician preformed the fitting). If an Authorized Independent Representative of SCHLEESE fit the saddle, please contact them directly. Please not an authorized RMA is always required as noted above. Shipments sent without an authorized RMA will be refused and returned to sender.
All leather and workmanship is guaranteed for one year under conditions of normal wear and tear. Leather is a natural product with inherent strengths and weaknesses. We closely inspect all leather, and all products are subject to stringent quality control; however, we can assume no responsibility for flaws in the leather itself. The SCHLEESE patented AdaptTree® is guaranteed against breakage for the life of the saddle to the original owner only. All metal parts on the tree itself (gullet plate, spring-steel and stirrup bars) are guaranteed for 5 years under normal usage original owner only. The obligation of SCHLEESE under its warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of any saddle components or, at the sole discretion of SCHELEESE, the entire saddle. This warranty is only warranty on saddles sold by SCHLEESE. It supersedes and replaces any other warranties or conditions, express or implied, including any conditions or warranties implied by the Sale of Goods Act or any other statue. Under no circumstances will SCHLEESE be liable for any consequential loss, cost, damage or injury arising from the use of any saddle sold.
An extended warranty may be purchased on used SCHLEESE saddles bought either through SCHLEESE directly or through third parties. The extended warranty will cover only the tree itself including gullet plate, spring steel and stirrup bars against breakage. For a one-time cost of $495.00 the extended warranty may be purchased within 10 days of an evaluation done by an authorized SCHLEESE representative (charges may apply for the examination). The warranty must be registered at SCHLEESE head office by the client within 10 days and is only valid for saddles no older than 5 years (based on serial numbers). Should the saddle be deemed not sound “as is”, the extended warranty will not be offered until the necessary repairs have been made.
SCHLEESE strongly suggests that our customers have their saddle(s) inspected annually for soundness of tree, gullet plate and flocking. An Evaluation and Analysis fee will be applicable for every appointment to address fitting issues or warranty concerns. This fee covers a professional assessment and technical advice for each situation. Evaluation fees are non-refundable.
Modifications, alterations, or adjustments that change the original design of a third party saddle may invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty. We will undertake any modifications only with signed release.
Please arrange to have completed item(s) paid for, picked up or shipped within 60 days of notification, or the item(s) will become property of SCHLEESE to deal with at its discretion.
New saddles and repaired items will be shipped to the owner upon payment in full. Forms of payment include Cash, VISA, MasterCard, or certified cheque. Please note that payment by personal cheque requires 7-10 business days to clear before goods can be shipped. Your account will be charged $50.00 plus bank charges for cheques that are returned to us for any reason. (i.e. NSF).
SCHLEESE or an authorized Saddlefit 4 Life® representative (call 800-225-2242 or visit our website at www.schleese.com for current listing) under the direction of SCHLEESE, must complete all repair, fit and/or warranty on SCHLEESE manufactured products, otherwise all guarantees and warranties are null and void.
- The stipulations in this Evaluation/Order form (including the back page) constitute the entire agreement and understanding of the customer and expressed here in writing.
- This agreement will be deemed to have been made in Ontario, Canada, and for all purposes will be governed exclusively by and construed and enforced in accordance with the domestic laws prevailing in Ontario, excluding the provisions of the International Sale of Goods Act (by which this Agreement will not be governed, construed or enforced), and the rights and remedies of the parties will be determined in accordance with those domestic laws. The parties hereby agree that they shall adhere to the jurisdiction of a court of competent jurisdiction in the Province of Ontario, Canada with respect to the enforcement of or any dispute related to the terms of the Agreement.
- “Goods” refers to any Saddles, Girths, Stirrup Leathers and equine accessories purchased from SCHLEESE. Services include Evaluations, adjustments and repairs.
- “Our” refers to SCHLEESE SADDLERY SERVICES LTD. or SCHLEESE SADDLERY SERVICES INC.
- “Off-site” refers to any location away from the physical premises of SCHLEESE at 34 Centennial Ave. In Holland Landing, Ontario Canada L9N 1H2.
- Any provision of this Agreement that conflicts with any law of any jurisdiction or is deemed to be unenforceable shall be severed from this Agreement without rendering the remainder of this Agreement invalid.
- This Agreement shall endure the benefit of and be binding upon the respective heirs, administrators, executors and successors of the parties hereto.
SCHLEESE will be pleased to accept saddles at our discretion on a trade-in basis towards a new saddle purchase only as stipulated below.
Trade-in saddles accepted only under the following stipulations and at our complete discretion:
- Saddle must be a SCHLEESE 10 years or newer and must be deemed saleable. * (*SCHELEESE technology and materials have changed over the years and in keeping with our philosophy to offer the latest in innovative saddle fit solutions to our customers, our older models may not always provide an optimum opportunity for fit);
- Trade-in value to be assessed on FMV (Fair market value) as determined by an authorized SCHLEESE Certified Saddle Fit Technician;
- Saddles traded in within 1 year of initial purchase (new saddles only) trade-in value at 70% of FMV.
- Saddles traded in within 2 years of initial purchase (new saddles only) trade-in value at 65% of FMV.
- Saddles traded in within 3 years of initial purchase (new saddles only) trade-in value at 60% of FMV at the discretion of the SCHLEESE Certified Saddle Fit Technician.
- Used saddles purchased from SCHLEESE may be returned for a $250.00 restocking fee if notified within 10 days of the invoiced receipt. After 10 days of the receipt of saddle, the sale is deemed final. The customer pays the shipping cost for returns. The refund does not include a refund for shipping paid in the original purchase. Saddles (and all other items) must be returned using an authorized SCHLEESE RMA form (Return Merchandise Authorization form) as assigned and received from SCHLEESE Head Office.
- Used Saddles fit from SCHLEESE directly, fit from current horse measurements (measurements acquired within the previous 4 weeks) and provided by an authorized SCHLEESE representative will be under warranty for fit by SCHLEESE for 30 Days. If the warranty adjustment is preformed on-site, the Evaluation fee applies but the adjustment will be ‘free’ to the customer (includes re-flocking and/or tree adjustments only). If the saddle is required to return to SCHLEESE Head Office for a warranty adjustment, the customer is responsible for the shipping cost to SCHLEESE and SCHLEESE will cover the ‘ground’ return shipping cost to the customer. Used saddles not purchased from SCHLEESE, and shipped to HEAD OFFICE for fitting adjustments, will not have a fit warranty. If a fit issue occurs, the customer may return the saddle for further adjustments at their expense.
I undertake to hold and save harmless and agree to indemnify SCHLEESE SADDLERY SERVICE LTD. or INC. from and against any and all liability incurred by the undersigned arising as a result of or in any way connected to the provision of products and services, including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, any testing or evaluation of saddles or other equipment by SCHLEESE whether I and/or the horse I am riding is injured in any way.
Will require customer to sign waiver before proceeding with static and dynamic fit evaluation.